This website can be accessed at https://techniworld.co.za, related mobi-sites and software applications (the “Website”) and is owned and operated by Techniworld CC (“Techniworld”, “we”, “us” and “our”).
These Website Terms and Conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) govern the ordering, sale and delivery of Goods, and the use of the Website.
These Terms and Conditions are binding and enforceable against every person that accesses or uses this Website (“you”, “your” or “user”), including without limitation each user who registers as contemplated below (“registered user”). By using the Website and by clicking on the “Register Now” button on the Website, as may be applicable, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
Techniworld enables you to shop online for an extensive range of electronic goods including professional or private office equipment, computers, electronic home and kitchenware, other electronics, TV, gaming, toys, and more (“Goods”).
Some of our Terms and Conditions only apply to purchases from specific suppliers. This will be made clear on each and every product page.
These Terms and Conditions apply to users who are consumers for purposes of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008 (the “CPA”).
These Terms and Conditions contain provisions that appear in similar text and style to this clause and which –
- may limit the risk or liability of Techniworld or a third party; and/or
- may create risk or liability for the user; and/or
- may compel the user to indemnify Techniworld or a third party; and/or
- serves as an acknowledgement, by the user, of a fact.
Please take note of these Terms and Conditions because it is of extreme importance.
If there is anything in these Terms and Conditions that is not clear to you, it is your responsibility to ask Techniworld to explain it to you before you accept the Terms and Conditions or continue using the Website.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended or must be understood to unlawfully restrict, limit or avoid any right or obligation, as the case may be, created for either you or Techniworld in terms of the CPA.
Techniworld permits the use of this Website subject to the Terms and Conditions. By using this Website in any way, you shall be deemed to have accepted all the Terms and Conditions unconditionally. You must not use this Website if you do not agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- No warranties, guarantees or representations, express or implied or tacit whether by law, contract or otherwise and whether they induced the contract or not, which are not set forth in this agreement shall be binding on Techniworld, the client irrevocably waiving any right (common law or otherwise) it may have to rely thereon, and the goods are purchased on the basis that they are taken voetstoots and with the exclusion of all common law and other remedies including aedilitian remedies, whether as to the suitability of the goods sold for any specific purposes or (without limiting the generality of the aforegoing) otherwise;
- To the extent that goods supplied by Techniworld are in any way defective, the client shall be entitled, within 1 year of the delivery of the relevant goods, to claim the replacement or repair of the goods to eliminate any defect in workmanship or materials found to be due exclusively to any acts or omissions on the part of Techniworld. The client shall within 10 days after the defect arises, notify Techniworld of the alleged defect, provided that Techniworld shall have been given a reasonable opportunity of inspecting any alleged defect. Techniworld shall notify the client of the decision of Techniworld regarding the alleged defect, which decision shall be binding on the client. Techniworld’s liability shall be limited on return to the purchase price of the goods;
- In order to be valid, a claim in terms of the guarantee as set out in clause
- must be in writing, specifying the alleged defect, and supported by the original tax invoice. In addition, the goods must be returned by the client to Techniworld at the client’s expense, packaged in their original undamaged packaging material; The parties agree that Techniworld shall have no liability in respect of any injury, loss or damage (direct, indirect or consequential) arising out of the use of, or inability to use, the goods and whether or not occasioned by Techniworld’s negligence (gross or otherwise) or any act or omission on its part. Without limiting the aforegoing Techniworld does not warrant that the goods will be fit for the purposes for which they are to be used by the client (notwithstanding that the use to which the client intends to put the goods is known to Techniworld). For the purposes hereof, any reference to Techniworld shall include its servants, agents, contractors or any other person for whose acts or omissions Techniworld may be liable in law (the agreement between Techniworld and the client as contemplated in this clause is for the benefit of Techniworld’s servants, agents or any other persons for whom Techniworld is liable for in law);
- Techniworld shall be relieved of all obligations in terms of this clause 1, if:
- repairs or modifications have been made by persons other than Techniworld, unless such repairs or modifications are made with the prior written consent of Techniworld;
- any goods are operated with any accessory, equipment or part not specifically supplied or approved in writing by Techniworld;
- the goods shall not have been operated or maintained in accordance with Techniworld’s instruction, or under normal use, or the goods shall not have been properly installed.
- If repairs or replacements are effected by Techniworld, only the parts actually worked on and not the complete goods shall be subject to a new guarantee, if any, hereunder;
- The client who acquires goods for the purpose of on-selling those goods, whether that client is permitted to do so or not (and nothing herein contained shall be deemed to allow the client to on-sell goods acquired from Techniworld whilst ownership vests in Techniworld), shall not advertise or issue or in any other way give or make any warranties, guarantees or representations as to the goods in any form whatsoever or offer to do so, which could result in liability being imposed upon Techniworld;
- The above warranties are subject to the following conditions:
- Techniworld shall be under no liability to the client until the client has paid the full amount due to Techniworld in respect of the goods concerned;
- Techniworld shall be under no liability in respect of any defect arising from fair wear and tear, wilful damage, negligence, abnormal working conditions, failure to follow Techniworld instructions (whether oral or in writing), improper use outside Techniworld’s specifications, damage to the goods caused by improper maintenance, service or repair by untrained personnel or technicians, and unauthorised alterations or modifications of the goods;
- Techniworld shall be under no liability in respect of parts, materials or equipment which are accepted in the industry to have a limited life expectancy or parts, materials or equipment, which need to be replaced at specified and published service intervals (“consumable parts”);
- Techniworld shall be under no liability in the event that spare parts and consumable parts other than those recommended for use by Techniworld are fitted, attached or used on the goods.
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this agreement, Techniworld shall not be liable to the client by reason of any representation or implied warranty, condition or other term or any duty at common law, or under the express terms of this agreement, for any consequential loss or damage (whether for loss or profit or otherwise and whether occasioned by the negligence of Techniworld or its employees or agents or otherwise) arising out of or in connection with any act or omission of Techniworld relating to the supply of the goods, their resale by the client or use by any third party.
- AGREEMENTS SUBJECT TO CPA
- Within 6 months after delivery of the goods to the client, the client may return the goods to Techniworld, without penalty, if the goods do not satisfy the requirements and standards contemplated in Section 55 of the CPA in which event Techniworld may either: (a) repair or replace the failed, unsafe or defective goods; or (b) refund the client for the price paid by the client for the goods.
- In the event of Techniworld repairing any particular goods or component of such goods and within 3 months of that repair, the failure or defect or unsafe features not being remedied or a further failure, defect or unsafe feature is discovered, Techniworld shall: (a) replace the goods; or (b) refund the client the price paid by the client for the goods.
- The aforesaid warranty exists in addition to an express warranty or condition stipulated by the producer or importer as the case may be;
- In the event of Techniworld providing any new or reconditioned parts installed during any repair or maintenance work and the labour required to install it, such work and parts will be warranted for a period of 3 months after date of installation or such longer period as Techniworld may specify in writing;
- This warranty is subject to the parts, goods and/or property not being misused or abused and does not apply to any ordinary wear and tear having regard to the circumstances in which it was intended to be ordinarily used.
- HANDLING FEE ON RETURN OF GOODS
- Techniworld reserves the right to levy a reasonable handling charge on goods that are or have been returned for credit to and accepted by Techniworld.
- Techniworld reserves the right to charge a reasonable fee for the costs or any losses occasioned by the return of any software to Techniworld in whatever form. This excludes software that is sold as part of a bundle with other goods.
- Software that has been opened/used/activated will not be accepted for credit by Techniworld.
Use of and Registration on the Website
- You have to be registered to order on this Website.
- Registration is quick and easy.
- To register as a user, you need a unique username and password and provide specific information and personal details to Techniworld that will ease your shopping experience . You will always need to use your username and password to purchase Goods on this Website.
- If using your personal computer, tablet or mobile phone, you may opt in for your browser to remember your login detail, that will result in you not having to log in or log out, every time you visit the Website.
- You agree and warrant that your username and password shall be used for personal use only and not be disclosed by you to any third party.
- For security purposes you agree to enter the correct username and password whenever ordering Goods, failing which you will be denied access.
- You agree that, once the correct username and password relating to your account have been entered, irrespective of whether the use of the username and password is unauthorised or fraudulent, you will be liable for payment of such order, save where the order is cancelled by you in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- You agree to notify Techniworld immediately upon becoming aware of or reasonably suspecting any unauthorised access to or use of your username and password and to take steps to mitigate any resultant loss or harm.
- By using the Website you warrant that you are 18 (eighteen) years of age or older and of full legal capacity. If you are under the age of 18 (eighteen) or if you are not legally permitted to enter into a binding agreement, then you may use the Website only with the involvement and supervision of your parent or legal guardian. If your parent or legal guardian supervises you and gives his/her consent, then such person agrees to be bound to these Terms and Conditions and to be liable and responsible for you and all your obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
- You agree that you will not in any way use any device, software or other instrument to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website. In addition, you agree that you will not in any way use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to monitor, copy, distribute or modify the Website or the information contained herein, without the prior written consent from an authorised Techniworld representative (such consent is deemed given for standard search engine technology employed by Internet search websites to direct Internet users to this Website).
- You may not use the Website to distribute material which is defamatory, offensive, contains or amounts to hate speech or is otherwise unlawful.
- You may not in any way display, publish, copy, print, post or otherwise use the Website and/or the information contained therein without the express prior written consent of an authorised Techniworld representative.
Conclusion of sales and availability of stock
Registered users may place orders for Goods, which Techniworld or the Third Party Seller may accept or reject. Whether or not Techniworld or the Third Party Seller accepts an order depends on the availability of Goods, correctness of the information relating to the Goods (including without limitation the price) and receipt of payment or payment authorisation by Techniworld for the Goods.
NOTE: Techniworld or the Third Party Seller will indicate the acceptance of your order by delivering the Goods to you or allowing you to collect them, and only at that point will an agreement of sale between you and Techniworld or the Third Party Seller come into effect (the “Sale”). This is regardless of any communication from Techniworld stating that your order or payment has been confirmed. Techniworld will indicate the rejection of your order (by Techniworld itself or the Third Party Seller) by cancelling it and, as soon as possible thereafter, refunding you for any amount already paid.
Prior to delivery or your collection of the Goods, you may cancel an order at any time provided you do so before receiving a dispatch or delivery notice. After delivery or your collection of the Goods, you may return the Goods only in accordance with the Returns Policy.
Any order of a television will be subject to the condition that we obtain from you your valid TV licence number and your account holder ID. If we do not receive your TV licence number and your account holder ID, or your TV licence number cannot be validated, you will not be able to check out with the television in your shopping basket.
Placing Goods in a wishlist or shopping basket without completing the purchase cycle does not constitute an order for such Goods, and as such, Goods may be removed from the shopping basket if stock is no longer available or the price thereof might change without notice to you. You cannot hold Techniworld or the Third Party Seller liable if such Goods are not available or are not available at the particular price when you complete or attempt to complete the purchase cycle at a later stage.
You acknowledge that stock of all Goods on offer is limited and that pricing may change at any time without notice to you. In the case of Goods for sale by Techniworld, Techniworld will take all reasonable efforts to monitor stock levels and ensure that when stock is no longer available, that offers thereof are discontinued on the Website. However, we cannot guarantee the availability of stock. When Goods are no longer available after you have placed an order, Techniworld will notify you and you will be entitled to a refund of any amount already paid by you for such Goods.
In the case of Goods for sale by a Third Party Seller, Techniworld relies on inventory information supplied by the relevant Third Party Seller and Techniworld accordingly bears no liability for any inaccuracies in the information supplied to it. Consequently, should you order any Goods from a Third Party Seller which are in fact sold-out, any resulting dispute should be resolved between you and the relevant Third Party Seller, your respective rights and obligations being as set out in these Terms and Conditions.
Certain Goods may not be purchased for re-sale. Should we suspect that any such Goods are being purchased for sale, we are entitled to cancel your order immediately on notice to you.
Please see details relating to Pre-orders in our FAQ’s: Pre-Order, which are incorporated by reference.
We are committed to providing secure online payment facilities. All transactions are encrypted using appropriate encryption technology. The names of the payment gateway companies we use, are:
Whether the Goods are for sale by Techniworld or a Third Party Seller, payment may be made for Goods via the following methods (depending on its availability and/or your eligibility to use such a method) –
- debit card; where payment is made by debit card, we may require additional information in order to authorise and/or verify the validity of payment. In such cases we are entitled to withhold delivery until such time as the additional information is received by us and authorisation is obtained by us for the amounts. If we do not receive authorisation your order for the Goods will be cancelled. You warrant that you are fully authorised to use the debit card supplied for purposes of paying the Goods. You also warrant that your debit card has sufficient available funds to cover all the costs incurred as a result of the services used on the Website;
- credit card: where payment is made by credit card, we may require additional information in order to authorise and/or verify the validity of payment. In such cases we are entitled to withhold delivery until such time as the additional information is received by us and authorisation is obtained by us for the amounts. If we do not receive authorisation your order for the Goods will be cancelled. You warrant that you are fully authorised to use the credit card supplied for purposes of paying the Goods. You also warrant that your credit card has sufficient available funds to cover all the costs incurred as a result of the services used on the Website;
- direct bank deposit: important – we do not offer direct bank deposits due to the increased minimum deposit fees, that makes it impossible for us to pay this due to our already discounted pricing structure;
- electronic funds transfer: if you pay via electronic funds transfer, payment must be made within 5 (five) days of placing your order. Techniworld will not accept your order if payment has not been received;
- Instant EFT;
- Techniworld Vouchers;
After selecting the payment method you prefer, you will be directed via a link to a secure site for payment of the applicable purchase price for the Goods.
Delivery of goods
Techniworld offers 2 (two) methods of delivery of Goods to you depending on the supplier. This will be indicated on each product page. You may choose delivery via:
Delivery charges are subject to change at any time, without prior notice to you, as it is dependable on our supplier’s delivery contract with their various courier companies. You will see the applicable delivery charges on the cart page and checkout page.
Where it accepts your order, the supplier will deliver the Goods to you as soon as reasonably possible, but no later than 30 (thirty) days of receipt of your payment (“Delivery Period”). We will notify you if we are unable to deliver the Goods during the Delivery Period. You may then, within 7 (seven) days of receiving such notification elect whether or not to cancel your order for the Goods. If you elect to cancel your order, we will reimburse you for the purchase price, minus the payment gateway fees.
Techniworld’s delivery obligation is fulfilled when the product is delivered by our supplier to the physical address nominated by you for delivery of the order. Techniworld and the relevant supplier, is not responsible for any loss or unauthorised use of a product, after it has delivered the product to the physical address nominated by you.
We shall take all reasonable efforts to accurately reflect the description, availability, purchase price and delivery charges of Goods on the Website. However, should there be any errors of whatsoever nature on the Website (which are not due to our gross negligence), we shall not be liable for any loss, claim or expense relating to a transaction based on any error, save – in the case of any incorrect purchase price – to the extent of refunding you for any amount already paid, or otherwise as set out in the Returns Policy.
Techniworld shall not be bound by any incorrect information regarding our Goods displayed on any third party websites.
Gift Vouchers & Coupons
Techniworld may from time to time make physical or electronic gift vouchers (“Gift Vouchers”) and promotional coupons or discounts (“Coupons”) available for use on the Website towards the purchase of Techniworld Goods. Gift Vouchers and Coupons can only be redeemed while they are valid and their expiry dates cannot be extended. More specifically:
Gift Vouchers that are purchased by registered users are valid for 1 year after Sale. Gift Vouchers that Techniworld gives away for free are valid for the period stated thereon. In each case, if your Voucher has not been used within that period, it will expire.
Gift Vouchers cannot be used to buy other Gift Vouchers or Coupons. They do not accrue interest and are not refundable for cash once purchased or otherwise obtained. If your Gift Voucher value is less than the amount required to cover the full order you wish to place, you may make up the difference by paying via one of our other payment methods.
Techniworld is not responsible for any harm due to the loss, unauthorised use or unauthorised distribution of a Gift Voucher, after it has delivered the Gift Voucher to you or the email address nominated by you.
There are two types of Coupons; a Coupon with a fixed amount of a discount, e.g. R100 off (“Fixed Coupon“), and a Coupon with a percentage discount, e.g. 10% off (“Percentage Coupon“).
Coupons are issued in Techniworld’s sole discretion and we are entitled at any time to correct, cancel or reject a Coupon for any reason (including without limitation where a Coupon has been distributed in an unauthorised manner).
Users do not have a right to Coupons, and Coupons cannot be earned. Coupons are issued under specific terms and conditions regulating when and how they may be used.
As a general rule, and unless specified otherwise on the specific Coupon itself:
each Coupon can only be used once;
only one Coupon can be used per order;
only one Coupon can be used on the Website per person per promotion/campaign;
Percentage Coupons may only be redeemed on purchases with a total cart value of less than R5,000;
where a Percentage Coupon has been used and you wish to cancel any items in the order prior to making payment, the entire order must be cancelled. You will be issued with a new Percentage Coupon and will need to place the order again, without the item that you wished to cancel;
a Coupon must be used at check-out – it cannot be used later on existing orders; and
the value of the Coupon will be set off against the value of your shopping basket and the balance remaining, if any, will be payable by you.
Coupons cannot be used to buy Gift Vouchers or other Coupons, and cannot be exchanged or refunded for cash or credit. Techniworld is not responsible for any harm due to the loss, unauthorised use or distribution of a Coupon.
If for any reason a Coupon does not reflect on the final amount due from you at check-out, you can contact us here to confirm if the Coupon is still valid. If Techniworld confirms that the Coupon is still valid and you have already placed your order, you can choose whether to cancel the order and place it again with the Coupon, or you can use the Coupon on your next order within the limitations of the specific Coupon’s terms and conditions.
You may be required to submit the original communication containing the Coupon code, and any other information reasonably requested by Techniworld, before you are able to use a Coupon.
Instructions to use a Coupon:
- on the checkout page, click on: Have a coupon? Click here to enter your code
- enter the coupon code if it is not displayed there already
- click on the Apply Coupon button
- Daily Deals and other discounted Goods
From time to time, we may offer certain Goods at discounted prices as part of a Daily Deal, App Only Deal, Bundle Deal or any other temporary deal which are explained below (each a “Deal”). These will be subject to certain conditions (as set out in these Terms and/or the Website), which define the scope of the Deal. If you buy a product within the scope of a Deal, you will pay the discounted price for that product (the “Deal Price”).
However, if you buy a product in a manner that falls outside of the scope of a Deal, then you will pay the then current (non-Deal) selling price on the Website (the “Normal Price”), for each product that falls outside the scope of the Deal.
For example: if you buy more than one product in a Daily Deal, you will pay the Deal Price for the first product, but the Normal Price for all products thereafter. Alternatively, if you buy a product in combination with any other products that together do not constitute a Bundle Deal, you will pay the Normal Price for all such products falling outside the scope of the relevant Deal.
Depending on certain unpredictable conditions between us and our suppliers, Daily Deals (“Deals”) will be available daily from 6am – 23:59pm on week days and from 6am – 23:59pm on weekends. Also, please note that Daily Deals may have a stock limit and may expire should stock run out.
Quantities of Daily Deals may be limited and should it be sold out, those particular Goods may then be available on the Website at their normal selling prices.
We do not guarantee savings. The extent of the Daily Deal or discount is at the sole discretion of Techniworld and their suppliers.
In order to ensure your Daily Deal, Techniworld must receive payment from you on the day you place your Daily Deal order. Failing this we will cancel your order as we will no longer have the agreement with our suppliers.
Techniworld will reserve stock for customers in the order in which it receives payment. Therefore if you pay via EFT, you might not get your item because Techniworld may only receive payment from you a few days later, and in the meantime the Daily Deal might sell out to customers paying immediately.
The List Price shown in respect of Daily Deals and other discounted Goods is the recommended retail price suggested to us by the supplier of the relevant product. Where the supplier has not provided a recommended retail price, an estimate may be provided. Where a product is offered for sale by a Third Party Seller, the List Price may be provided by the Third Party Seller.
By purchasing any Daily Deal, you are also automatically opting in for our Daily Deals daily newsletter as well as our general newsletter (you may opt-out of these newsletters at any time). Opting out of these newsletters after purchase will not affect the value of the Goods purchased.
App Only Deals – once our app becomes avaiable:
We will also have Daily Deals (called “App Only Deals“) which will only be available for purchase using the Techniworld software application (“App”), although they may also be displayed on the Techniworld website and mobi-site. The App can be downloaded on IOS and Android devices. In addition to the above Daily Deal Terms and Conditions, the following terms apply to App Only Deals:
App Only Deals are only available for purchase using the App and their prices may differ from the normal selling prices at which those particular Goods may be available on the website or mobi-site.
You will only receive the App Only Deal price if you pay for your order using the App before the App Only Deal has expired or sells out. You will not receive the App Only Deal price if you pay for your order using the website or mobi-site, or if you don’t pay for your order before the App Only Deal has expired or sells out.
We may from time to time offer bundle deals for sale under the Bundle Deals tab on the Website (“Bundle Deals“). Each Bundle Deal will consist of two or more products that either we or you (as provided on the Website) have combined together in a single bundle.
Any saving or discount resulting from purchasing a Bundle Deal instead of its component products separately may be applied to any of the component products individually in our sole discretion. The actual purchase price (after applying any applicable saving or discount) of each component product will be communicated to you upon checkout and reflected in your order history. This is relevant to the amount that would be refunded to you, if you were to return any product in a Bundle Deal for a refund, in accordance with our Returns Policy.
A Bundle Deal should be distinguished from a pre-packed bundle compiled by our supplier and supplied to us as a single unit (“Pre-packed Bundles“). Any saving or discount in respect of a Pre-packed Bundle will be applied only to the total bundle price and not to the prices of the individual component products. Please refer to our Returns Policy for information about returning a Pre-packed Bundle.
- We respect your privacy and will take reasonable measures to protect it, as more fully detailed below.
- Should you decide to register as a user on the Website, we will require you to provide us with personal information which includes but is not limited to –
- your name and surname;
- your email address;
- your mobile number;
- your company password for orders
- your date of birth.
- Should your personal information change, please contact your account manager and provide us with updates to your personal information as soon as reasonably possible to enable us to update your personal information.
- Subject to clause 15.6 below, we will not, without your express consent:
- use your personal information for any purpose other than as set out below:
- in relation to the ordering, sale and delivery of Goods;
- to contact you regarding current or new Goods or services or any other goods offered by us or any of our divisions, affiliates and/or partners (unless you have opted out from receiving marketing material from us);
- to inform you of new features, special offers and promotional competitions offered by us or any of our divisions, affiliates and/or partners (unless you have opted out from receiving marketing material from us); and
- to invite you to specific training or product events run by Techniworld or the brands that we represent
- to improve our product selection and your experience on our Website by, for example, monitoring your browsing habits, or tracking your sales on the Website; or
- disclose your personal information to any third party other than as set out below:
- to our employees and/or third party service providers who assist us to interact with you via our Website, email or any other method, for the ordering of Goods or when delivering Goods to you, and thus need to know your personal information in order to assist us to communicate with you properly and efficiently;
- to our divisions, affiliates and/or partners (including their employees and/or third party service providers) in order for them to interact directly with you via email or any other method for purposes of sending you marketing material regarding any current or new goods or services, new features, special offers or promotional items offered by them (unless you have opted out from receiving marketing material from us);
- to law enforcement, government officials, fraud detection agencies or other third parties when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report or support the investigation into suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of these Terms and Conditions;
- to our service providers (under contract with us) who help with parts of our business operations (fraud prevention, marketing, technology services etc). However, our contracts dictate that these service providers may only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit;
- to our suppliers in order for them to liaise directly with you regarding any faulty Goods you have purchased which requires their involvement; and
- to any Third Party Seller for purposes of sending you an invoice for any Goods purchased from such Third Party Seller, which disclosed information will be limited to your email address (refer to clause 14 above).
- use your personal information for any purpose other than as set out below:
- We are entitled to use or disclose your personal information if such use or disclosure is required in order to comply with any applicable law, subpoena, order of court or legal process served on us, or to protect and defend our rights or property. In the event of a fraudulent online payment, Techniworld is entitled to disclose relevant personal information for criminal investigation purposes or in line with any other legal obligation for disclosure of the personal information which may be required of it.
- We will ensure that all of our employees, third party service providers, divisions, affiliates and partners (including their employees and third party service providers) having access to your personal information are bound by appropriate and legally binding confidentiality obligations in relation to your personal information.
- Ratings and Reviews: When you provide a rating or review of a Product, you consent to us using that rating or review as we deem fit, including without limitation on the Website, in newsletters or other marketing material. The name that will appear next to that rating or review is your First Name, as you would have provided upon registration. If you do not agree to this, please do not put any ratings or reviews on the Website. We will not display your Last Name, nor any of your contact details, with a rating or review.
- We will –
- treat your personal information as strictly confidential, save where we are entitled to share it as set out in this policy;
- take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that your personal information is kept secure and is protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage, alteration, disclosure or access;
- provide you with access to your personal information to view and/or update personal details;
- promptly notify you if we become aware of any unauthorised use, disclosure or processing of your personal information;
- provide you with reasonable evidence of our compliance with our obligations under this policy on reasonable notice and request; and
- upon your request, promptly return or destroy any and all of your personal information in our possession or control, save for that which we are legally obliged to retain.
- We will not retain your personal information longer than the period for which it was originally needed, unless we are required by law to do so, or you consent to us retaining such information for a longer period.
- Techniworld undertakes never to sell or make your personal information available to any third party other than as provided for in this policy.
- Whilst we will do all things reasonably necessary to protect your rights of privacy, we cannot guarantee or accept any liability whatsoever for unauthorised or unlawful disclosures of your personal information, whilst in our possession, made by third parties who are not subject to our control, unless such disclosure is as a result of our gross negligence.
Changes to these Terms and Conditions
Techniworld may, in its sole discretion, change any of these Terms and Conditions at any time. It is your responsibility to regularly check these Terms and Conditions and make sure that you are satisfied with the changes. Should you not be satisfied, you must not place any further orders on, or in any other way use, the Website.
Any such change will only apply to your use of this Website after the change is displayed on the Website. If you use the Website after such amended Terms and Conditions have been displayed on the Website, you will be deemed to have accepted such changes.
Ownership and copyright
The contents of the Website, including any material, information, data, software, icons, text, graphics, lay-outs, images, sound clips, advertisements, video clips, trade names, logos, trade-marks, designs and service marks which are displayed on or incorporated in this Website (“Website Content”) are protected by law, including but not limited to copyright and trade mark law. The Website Content is the property of Techniworld, its advertisers and/or sponsors and/or is licensed to Techniworld.
You will not acquire any right, title or interest in or to the Website or the Website Content.
Any use, distribution or reproduction of the Website Content is prohibited unless expressly authorised in terms of these Terms and Conditions or otherwise provided for in law. To obtain permissions for the commercial use of any Website Content contact us via our Help page.
Where any of the Website Content has been licensed to Techniworld or belongs to any third party, your rights of use will also be subject to any terms and conditions which that licensor or third party imposes from time to time and you agree to comply with such third party terms and conditions.
The use of the Website is entirely at your own risk and you assume full responsibility for any risk or loss resulting from use of the Website or reliance on any information on the Website.
Whilst Techniworld takes reasonable measures to ensure that the content of the Website is accurate and complete, Techniworld makes no representations or warranties, whether express or implied, as to the quality, timeliness, operation, integrity, availability or functionality of the Website or as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of any information on the Website. If any such representations or warranties are made by Techniworld’s representatives, Techniworld shall not be bound thereby.
Techniworld disclaims liability for any damage, loss or expenses, whether direct, indirect or consequential in nature, arising out of or in connection with your access to or use of the Website and/or any content therein unless otherwise provided by law.
Although Goods sold from the Website may, under certain specifically defined circumstances, be under warranty, the Website itself and all information provided on the Website is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, completeness, or non-infringement, as may be allowed in law.
Any views or statements made or expressed on the Website are not necessarily the views of Techniworld, its directors, employees and/or agents.
In addition to the disclaimers contained elsewhere in these Terms and Conditions, Techniworld also makes no warranty or representation, whether express or implied, that the information or files available on the Website are free of viruses, spyware, malware, trojans, destructive materials or any other data or code which is able to corrupt, destroy, compromise, disrupt, disable, harm, jeopardise or otherwise impede in any manner the operation, stability, security functionality or content of your computer system, computer network, hardware or software in any way. You accept all risk associated with the existence of such viruses, destructive materials or any other data or code which is able to corrupt, compromise, jeopardise, disrupt, disable, harm or otherwise impede in any manner the operation or content of a computer system, computer network, any handset or mobile device, or your hardware or software, save where such risks arise due to the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of Techniworld, its employees, agents or authorised representatives. Techniworld thus disclaims all liability for any damage, loss or liability of any nature whatsoever arising out of or in in connection with your access to or use of the Website.
Linking to third party websites
This Website may contain links or references to other websites (“Third Party Websites”) which are outside of our control, including those of advertisers. These Terms and Conditions do not apply to those Third Party Websites and Techniworld is not responsible for the practices and/or privacy policies of those Third Party Websites or the “cookies” that those sites may use.
Notwithstanding the fact that the Website may refer to or provide links to Third Party Websites, your use of such Third Party Websites is entirely at your own risk and we are not responsible for any loss, expense, claim or damage, whether direct, indirect or consequential, arising from your use of such Third Party Websites or your reliance on any information contained thereon.
Limitation of liability
Techniworld cannot be held liable for any inaccurate information published on the Website and/or any incorrect prices displayed on the Website, save where such liability arises from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of Techniworld, its employees, agents or authorised representatives. You are encouraged to contact us to report any possible malfunctions or errors by way of our Help page.
Techniworld SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGES WHICH MIGHT ARISE FROM YOUR USE OF, OR RELIANCE UPON, THE WEBSITE OR THE CONTENT CONTAINED IN THE WEBSITE; OR YOUR INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE, AND/OR UNLAWFUL ACTIVITY ON THE WEBSITE AND/OR ANY LINKED THIRD PARTY WEBSITE.
YOU HEREBY INDEMNIFY Techniworld AGAINST ANY LOSS, CLAIM OR DAMAGE WHICH MAY BE SUFFERED BY YOURSELF OR ANY THIRD PARTY ARISING IN ANY WAY FROM YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE AND/OR ANY LINKED THIRD PARTY WEBSITE.
Availability and termination
We will use reasonable endeavours to maintain the availability of the Website, except during scheduled maintenance periods, and are entitled to discontinue providing the Website or any part thereof with or without notice to you.
Techniworld may in its sole discretion terminate, suspend and modify this Website, with or without notice to you. You agree that Techniworld will not be liable to you in the event that it chooses to suspend, modify or terminate this Website other than for processing any orders made by you prior to such time, to the extent possible.
If you fail to comply with your obligations under these Terms and Conditions, including any incident involving payment of the price of an order for any Goods, this may (in our sole discretion with or without notice to you) lead to a suspension and/or termination of your access to the Website without any prejudice to any claims for damages or otherwise that we may have against you.
Techniworld is entitled, for purposes of preventing suspected fraud and/or where it suspects that you are abusing the Website and/or have created multiple user profiles to take advantage of a promotion or Coupon intended by Techniworld to be used once-off by you, to blacklist you on its database (including suspending or terminating your access to the Website), refuse to accept or process payment on any order, and/or to cancel any order concluded between you and Techniworld, in whole or in part, on notice to you. Techniworld shall only be liable to refund monies already paid by you (see Techniworld’s Returns Policy in this regard), and accepts no other liability which may arise as a result of such blacklisting and/or refusal to process any order.
At any time, you can choose to stop using the Website, with or without notice to Techniworld.
Governing law and jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions and our relationship and/or any dispute arising from or in connection with these Terms and Conditions shall be governed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa. Your continued use of the Website will constitute your consent and submission to the jurisdiction of the South African courts regarding all proceedings, transactions, applications or the like instituted by either party against the other, arising from any of these Terms and Conditions.
In the event of any dispute arising between you and Techniworld, you hereby consent to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the High Court of the Republic of South Africa (Western Cape Division, Cape Town) notwithstanding that the quantum in the action or proceedings may otherwise fall below the monetary jurisdiction of that court.
Nothing in this clause 23 or the Terms and Conditions limits your right to approach any court, tribunal or forum of competent jurisdiction in terms of the CPA.
Techniworld hereby selects 12th Floor, 10 Rua Vasco Da Gama Plain, Foreshore, Cape Town, as its address for the service of all formal notices and legal processes in connection with these Terms and Conditions (“legal address”). Techniworld may change this address from time to time by updating these Terms and Conditions.
You hereby select the delivery address specified with your order as your legal address, but you may change it to any other physical address by giving Techniworld not less than 7 days’ notice in writing.
Notices must be sent either by hand, prepaid registered post, telefax or email and must be in English. All notices sent –
by hand will be deemed to have been received on the date of delivery;
by prepaid registered post, will be deemed to have been received 10 days after the date of posting;
by telefax before 16h30 on a business day will be deemed to have been received, on the date of successful transmission of the telefax. All telefaxes sent after 16h30 or on a day which is not a business day will be deemed to have been received on the following business day; and
by email will be deemed to have been on the date indicated in the “Read Receipt” notification. ALL EMAIL COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN YOU AND US MUST MAKE USE OF THE “READ RECEIPT” FUNCTION to serve as proof that an email has been received.
We are a participant under the Consumer Goods and Services Industry Code and are bound by it. An electronic copy of this Code is available at http://www.cgso.org.za/downloads/. If you have a complaint about the goods or services provided by us or require information regarding our internal complaints-handling process, please get in touch with us via our Contact page on the Website.
If we don’t resolve your complaint within 15 (fifteen) business days of you having notified us of it, you are entitled to approach the Consumer Goods and Services Ombud (“CGSO”), to assist in resolving the dispute. The CGSO’s contact details are: Website: http://www.cgso.org.za/ Sharecall: 0860 000 272 Email: [email protected]
Information you may need for the Consumer Goods And Services Ombudman
For the purposes of the ECT Act, Techniworld’s information is as follows, which should be read in conjunction with its product descriptions and other terms and conditions contained on the Website:
Full name: Techniworld CC, a private company registered in South Africa with registration number 1997/003658/23
PAIA: The manual published in terms of section 51 of the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2000 may be downloaded from here.
Third Party Sellers’ information is available in the relevant Product listing and/or via the customer support centre contactable via our Help page.
Techniworld may, in its sole discretion, at any time and for any reason and without prior written notice, suspend or terminate the operation of the Website or the user’s right to use the Website or any of its contents subject to us processing any orders then already made by you.
You may not cede, assign or otherwise transfer your rights and obligations in terms of these Terms and Conditions to any third party.
Any failure on the part of you or Techniworld to enforce any right in terms hereof shall not constitute a waiver of that right.
If any term or condition contained herein is declared invalid, the remaining terms and conditions will remain in full force and effect.
No variation, addition, deletion, or agreed cancellation of the Terms and Conditions will be of any force or effect unless in writing and accepted by or on behalf of the parties hereto.
No indulgence, extension of time, relaxation or latitude which any party (the “grantor”) may show grant or allow to the other (the “grantee”) shall constitute a waiver by the grantor of any of the grantor’s rights and the grantor shall not thereby be prejudiced or stopped from exercising any of its rights against the grantee which may have arisen in the past or which might arise in the future.
These Terms and Conditions contain the whole agreement between you and Techniworld and no other warranty or undertaking is valid, unless contained in this document between the parties.